Sample Question Paper of English 1st & 2nd Class 9-10 (IX-X)
In this article, I will provide English first paper & second paper sample questions for class 9 & 10. You can exercise or take idea from these question papers of nine & ten.
Sample Question Paper of English 1st Class 9-10 (SSC)
SSC Sample Question
Board Name -Year
English (Compulsory)- Paper 1
Time: 3 hours
Time: 3 hours
Full Marks:100 Reading Test-50
Part-A: Reading Test [50 Marks]
Read the text below and answer the question 1-2
Zahir Raihan was one of the most talented filmmakers in Bangladesh. He was born on 19-August 1935 in the village Majupur, in the Feni district. He was an active worker in the language movement. He was one of the ten students to go out in a procession on 21 February 1952 despite a ban on such activities. As a result, he and many others were arrested and taken to prison. Zahir was also present at the historical meeting of Amtala on February 21, 1952. He also took part in the much movement in 1969. In 1971, he joined the Liberation War.
All through his life, Zahir dreamt for a democratic society, a society that will ensure freedom of speech and will. He had many dreams about our film industry too. He made a legendary film “Jibon Theke Neya” based on the Language Movement of 1952. It was a revolt against the then autocratic Govt. The family presented in that film was a miniature East Pakistan ruled by an autocrat who had to go to the prison for her conspiracy. During the Liberation War, this film was shown outside Bangladesh. Critics like Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen, and Ritwik Ghatak appreciated this film. Zahir gave all his money to the Freedom Fighters trust that he got from his film show. Besides his great documentary on Pakistan atrocities, Stop Genocide helped create world sentiment in favor of our liberation war.
On 30 December 1971, someone informed Zahir about an address somewhere at Mirpur, where he might find his brother, the famous writer Shahidullah Kaiser. Shahidullah was captured and killed by the Pakistani army and the local collaborators during the last days of the war. Accordingly, Zahir left home to get his brother back and he never returned. Zahir’s dream was fulfilled. He could see the inception of a free independent Bangladesh though he did not get back his brother. And it`s a pity that this dreamer was missing at such a time when his dream came true.
1. Choose the best answer from the following alternatives. ( 1*5=5)
(a) Zahir Raihan’s Profession Was————.
(i)farming (ii)Photography (iii) filmmakers (iv)journalism
(b) “Stop Genocide” is a ————–.
(i)TV serial (ii)drama (iii)cartoon (iv)documentary
(c) Zahir was a dreamer of a society of——–.
(i)bureaucracy (ii)democracy (iii)autocracy (iv)diplomacy
(d) The word “genocide” means——–.
(i)death (ii)mass killing (iii)movement (iv) self-killing
(e) Zahir Raihan was very——-in his student life.
(i)brilliant (ii)honest (iii)naughty (iv)dull
2. Answer the following question. ( 2*5=10)
(a)What was the contribution of Zahir Raihan in the language movement?
(b)Who appreciated the film “Jibon Theke Neya”?
(c)What does Jibon Theke Neya symbolize?
(d)What kind of film is Jibon Theke Neya?
(e)What was the dream of Zahir Raihan?
6.Match column A with column B to make five meaningful sentences. ( 1*5=5)
With respect all over the world.
Nobel prize is awarded
Who invented dynamite
Instituted Nobel prize.
The recipient of the prize
Has been awarded
Nobel prize for peace this year.
The winners of the Nobel prize
For outstanding contributions
In different fields.
Gets a gold medal, a certificate
And a large sum of money.
Part-B: Writing Test [50 Marks]
9. Read the beginning of the following story. Add at least 10 sentences to complete it in your own way. Give a suitable title to it. (10)
On a sunny morning, a boy of eleven fears was tending cattle by the side of a railway line. Suddenly he noticed that a small railway slipper was about to collapse. A little while later……………….(An Intelligent Boy Story)
11. Suppose, you are Arman/Anika and your friend is Sumon/Sima. Sumon/Siman wants to know about the importance of reading newspapers. Now, write a letter to your friend telling him/her about the importance of reading the newspaper. ( 10)
12. Suppose, You are Limon. Your friend is Tousif. Your school arranged the annual prize-giving ceremony. Your friend wants to know about it. Now, write a dialogue Between you and your friend describing the annual prize-giving ceremony of your school. (10)
Sample Question Paper of English 2nd Class 9-10 (SSC)
SSC Sample Question
Board Name -Year
English (Compulsory)- Paper 2
Time: 3 hrs Full Marks:100
Part-A: Grammar [60 Marks]
3. Make five sentences from the substitution table below: 1*5=5
in the north of India, between Tibet and Nepal.
the first to survey the Himalayas.
in the Himalayan mountains.
named after an English man George Everest.
5. Re-write the following passage changing the form of speech. (5)
The class teacher of class X said to the students “Do you like to go for study tour?” “Yes”, all the students. Then he said, “Take permission of your parents.” “One of the students said, “Let us go to Cox’s Bazar.” The most experienced age-old teacher said, “May your journey be safe and sound.”
6. Change the sentences according to directions. (1*10=10)
(a)Cox’s Bazar is the longest sea beach in the world. (Positive)
(b)Everyone knows this. (interrogative)
(c)This sea beach is visited by tourists from home and abroad. (active)
(d)It is one of the most amusing places in the world. (comparative)
(e)How charming the scenery of Cox’s Bazar is!(assertive)
(f) He always helped the needy. (Complex)
(g) He contributed much money for education to educate the poor students. (Complex)
7. Complete the following sentences. (1*5=5)
(a)Walk fast lest————-
(b)If you help me, ————
(c)Though he is poor————
(d)We eat so that—————
(e)We left the hotel after————-
8. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes, or the both with the root words given in the parenthesis. (.5*10=5)
(a) Friend is a strong (b) bond. It does not know the (c) differ between the rich and the poor. It is an (d) emotion attachment based on mutual trust. In that sense, a friend is both (e)rely and (f)believe who is ready to help us in any (g) danger situation. Therefore the person who does not have a good friend is really (h) fortunate. He is (i) total deprived of enjoying the (j) please of friendship.
9. Make tag questions of these statements. (1*5=5)
(a) I am punctual, ————–?
(b) He is a wise man, ————-?
(c) She can make tea, ————?
(d) Nobody dislikes a flower, ——-?
(e) Don’t waste tour time,———–?
Part-B: Composition [40 Mark]
12. Suppose, recently you see an advertisement published in the Daily Sun. In this ad, you come to know that Islami Bank Ltd. needs an account officer. Now, write an account officer CV (Curriculum Vitae) for the post of account officer with a cover letter. (8)
13. Suppose, you are a student of X High School. You need a computer club. Now, write an application to the headmaster of your school to set up a “Computer Lab” in your school. (10)
14. Write a paragraph on a book fair. (10)
15. Write a composition on Tree Plantation. (12)
Was this article really helpful?