It’s Ramadan time, almost all of the Muslims keep dates in their daily ‘Iftar’ dishes as a part of Sunnah. Dates are ambrosial to eat and have so many benefits for health as well.
This is going to be a discussion about dates. So, better call it ‘datescussion’.
Types of dates
Firstly, we are going to know about the types of dates.There are several variety of dates. Such as:
|SN||Types of dates||Image|
What makes dates so healthy : Nutrition facts of dates
The value for our health is gained from the dates above all through their abundance of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and also secondary plant substances. Among other things, all date varieties contain the following nutrition facts, depending on the type and taking natural fluctuations into account:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E.
- B group (except B12)
- Enormous amounts of Potassium! (Between 600-650 mg 100g fruits)
- Folic acid
- In addition, dates are rich in fiber that is valuable for digestion and also have some important secondary plant substances and amino acids such as e.g. Tryptophan. An important nutrition fact, which is also suitable for a supportive and natural sleep aid.
The positive effects of dates on health: Health benefits of dates
In terms of health benefits, dates have many positive effects. Health benefits of dates according to medical science are stated below:
- Dates have several positive health properties.
- Dates help to lose weight (Learn how to lose weight fast in two weeks)
- They are ideal as a natural nutritional supplement for potassium and iron deficiency.
- Very good for our cardiovascular system, since they are among the most potassium-rich fruits worldwide.
- Good for falling asleep, Melatonin hormone which is produced in the body from the substance tryptophan and not to mention this has a calming and sleep-promoting effect. Therefore, dates in the evening can have positive effects on sleeping problems.
- Dates are good for our nervous system. As they contain many positive B vitamins.
- The fiber in dates works well for digestive problems and helps with constipation, as well as to maintain healthy bowel movements
- Dates have a warming and invigorating effect on the body.
- The ingredients can help improve blood formation.
- Dates can improve your metabolism with regular consumption.
- Dates can help lower the value of “bad cholesterol” (LDL)
- The glucose and fructose in the dates are usually better tolerated by diabetics than the industrial beet sugar, besides they are much more natural due to their accompanying substances.
- Especially, dried dates contain almost no fat in the form of saturated fatty acids.
How many dates should you eat each day?
In the first place, there is no guideline here. However, if you eat 4-5 high quality and naturally left dates a day, you can certainly take some of the positive health effects of this stone fruit with you.