Either ‘name’ or ‘item.name’ should be specified
In the Google webmaster tool, also known as Google Search Console, you may get an error notification “Either ‘name’ or ‘item.name’ should be specified”. It’s actually a breadcrumbs error. If you don’t specify the item name (category or label), you will face this problem. Recently, many bloggers are facing this breadcrumb problem. You may find this problem in Google Webmaster Tool> Enhancements> Breadcrumbs.
However to fix this problem follow the given instructions.
- Go to your site’s dashboard (WordPress, Blogspot, Wix, etc)
- Find the specific post that is affected by this problem
- Edit the post
- Select a Category (in WordPress), Label (in Blogspot)
- After that, update your post after selecting a category or label
- In this way, repeat updating every affected post
- Then again go to the google webmaster
- Finally, ‘validate‘ fixing
Also turn the breadcrumb on on the SEO plugin that you are using.
In WordPress, by default, all posts will be categorized as “Uncategorized“. That’s why those who use WordPress don’t face this problem. But if they unselect this category, this time they will face this error “Either ‘name’ or ‘item.name’ should be specified“. On the contrary, in Blogspot, you must have to select a Label.
I hope your problem will fix soon. It will take up to 2 days to fix this breadcrumb error. If you have face any problem regarding this issue “Either ‘name’ or ‘item.name’ should be specified” then drop a comment here. I will try to reply to every individual comment.