Electronic Passport also knows as e-Passport, is a new type of passports in Bangladesh. Now, anyone can apply for an e-passport from home and abroad. Besides, they can reissue their ePassport, MRP Passport online. In this article, you are going to know how to apply for an e-passport BD, how to create an e-passport online application, fees/price, etc. So let’s get started…
To apply for an electronic passport, first you need to create an account in Bangladesh e-Passport Portal.
How to Create an e-Passport Account
As I told, to get a new passport online and to re-issue online, first you need to open/create an account on Bangladesh e-Passport Portal’s website. To create an account, follow the following steps.
- Step 1: Check availability of e‑Passport in your region
- Go to Bangladesh e-Passport Portal
- Click “Directly to online application“
- First, you need to check the availability of e‑Passport in your region. “Are you applying from Bangladesh?“, Click “Yes“
- Select District of your present address from the first dropdown menu. And select the police station nearest to your present address from the last dropdown menu.
- Then you will see your Regional Passport Office Name. Click “Continue“
- Step 2: Enter your email address
- In the “Email address“, type your valid email address.
- Mark the captcha “I’m not a robot“
- Click “Continue” to go to the next step.
- Step 3: Enter your account information
- In the “Email address“, you will see your email address typed in step 2
- Type a password in the “Password” field. (Use minimum 6 characters passwords containing at least 1 lower case, 1 upper case, and 1 digit. Example password: Wl2020)
- Retype the same password in the “Retype password” field.
- Fill up your “Personal Information“. In the “Full name (as per NID/BRC)” type your full name according to NID: National ID or BRC: Birth Registration Certificate. “Given Name (optional)“, keep it blank. “Surname“, type your nickname or first name.
- Fill up “Contact Information“. Type a Bangladeshi phone number if you have, or keep it blank. Check the captcha field.
- Then click “Create Account”
- Step 4: Active-Passport account
- Go to the email account and you will see a mail from email@example.com.
- Open this mail and go to the link
- Then you will see “Your account is activated. Sign in to start your online application for the new e-Passport“
- You have successfully created an e-Passport account. Now click “Sign in” and follow the next instructions.
How to Apply for an e-Passport: Electronic Passport Application
After creating an e-Passport account, you can apply for an e-Passport. Full post is coming soon.
e-Passport Fees and Payment Method
In following table, you will see validity, number of pages, delivery time and fees of e-Passport. There are three kinds of delivery: 1.Regular Delivery, 2. Express Delivery, and 3. Super Express Delivery. **All fees are including 15% VAT.
|Validity||Number of Pages||Delivery (Within)||Price (BDT)|
|5 Years||48 pages||15 Working days/21 days||TK 4,025|
|5 Years||48 pages||7 Working days/10 days||TK 6,325|
|5 Years||48 pages||2 Working days||TK 8,625|
|10 Years||48 pages||15 Working days/21 days||TK 5,750|
|10 Years||48 pages||7 Working days/10 days||TK 8,050|
|10 Years||48 pages||2 Working days||TK 10,350|
|5 Years||64 pages||15 Working days/21 days||TK 6,325|
|5 Years||64 pages||7 Working days/10 days||TK 8,625|
|5 Years||64 pages||2 Working days||TK 12,075|
|10 Years||64 pages||15 Working days/21 days||TK 8,050|
|10 Years||64 pages||7 Working days/10 days||TK 10,350|
|10 Years||64 pages||2 Working days||TK 13,800|
List of Banks accepted by Bangladesh e-Passport for payment:
- Sonali Bank
- Bank Asia
- Trust Bank
- ONE Bank
- Premier Bank
- Dhaka Bank
How to Check e-Passport Application Status
To check your e-Passport/ electronic passport application status:
- Go to Application Status
- In the “Application ID / Online Registration ID” field, type your Application ID or Online Registration ID.
- In the next field select your date of birth.
- Mark the captcha “I’m not a robot“
- Finally click “Check“
Check your passport status. For status meaning>> Passport Status Meaning.