Upgrade your phone to the latest android version. If your device has a lower android version and so you can’t install some applications or can’t enjoy the latest android version’s features, this tutorial will help you to overcome this problem. Many mobile companies like Samsung, HTC, Huawei, etc have officially been stopping upgrading some specific models of their products (Mobile Phones). That’s why those who have an old device having a lower version can’t enjoy the latest features of OS(Operating System). This tutorial will help you to upgrade your phone to the latest version.
Before jumping to upgrade, please confirm that 👇
- Your device has root permission.
- Your phone battery has a minimum of 70% of the battery level.
- You have downloaded files given below.
Follow the following steps:
Also read> How to install a third-party app as a system app on Android
- Download TWRP. Here I’ve given you a download link. Go to this site>TWRP and download TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) and .img file. For example, you click on the “TWRP 3.2.3-0 Released” of this website. Then you will see many options on the new page. From this page, you have to download “Download me.twrp-twrpapp-26.apk” & “Download TWRP-3.2.3-0-twrp.img”.
- After completing the download, install the TWRP application and also install the .img file to it.
- After that, power off the phone & go to recovery options by holding home button, volume up, and also power button for a while (approximately 30 seconds) until recovery screen appears. It(recovery screen) can be varied in a specific model. Just somehow you have to go to recovery options to confirm that TWRP with .img file has successfully installed to your device.
- Download a specific CM(CyanogenMod) file for your device. For example, you have to upgrade KitKat to Marshmallow. For that, you have to download CM13. You can download the CM files from the CM website or searching in google search engine. I’ll specify what CM file you have to download in another tutorial of upgrading a specific model in the future if you inspire me by commenting. However, this tutorial is the basis of upgrading the Android version.
- Download Gapps from Gapps. Be careful while downloading Gapps. You have to select every option carefully. I’ll specify what Gapps you have to download in the next tutorial of upgrading a specific model. This tutorial is just the basis of upgrading the Android version.
- After completing steps 1 to 3, move the CM file and Gapps to the SD card. Then power off the phone. Now go to recovery options. (Mentioned in step 1 how you can go to recovery options). Then install the cm file from SD card and then Gapps.
- Reboot the system & enjoy the latest android version & features.
I hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, please comment below. I’ll try to reply to every individual comment.