You might like to know the list of universities in French Polynesia 2021. In this article, I will share French Polynesia’s all university ranking 2021 sorted by the country’s ranking. Here you will get the top 10 Universities in French Polynesia by country’s ranking. This list is combined with the private and public universities list of French Polynesia. Basically, the list of universities of French Polynesia is based on academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty and student ratio, staff with a Ph.D., papers per faculty, citations per paper, international faculty and international students, etc. Besides, here you will get more information about these universities in French Polynesia including country rank, word rank, so on.
List of All University in French Polynesia
French Polynesia’s all university ranking list is sorted by the country’s ranking and the world’s ranking. The list is a combination of the public and private universities in French Polynesia.
|Country Rank||World Rank||Name of University|
|1||22651||Université de la Polynésie Française|
So this is the list of the best universities in French Polynesia. In the following tables, I will provide more information about these varsities of French Polynesia.
1. University of French Polynesia
|Name of Institution||Université de la Polynésie Française/ University of French Polynesia|
|Number of students||3050+|
|Location||B.P. 6570, Faaa 98702, French Polynesia|
|Phone Number||+689 40 80 38 03|
President of the University of French Polynesia : Dr Patrick CAPOLSINI
PHONE: +689 40 80 38 03
Created by decree on May 29, 1987, the university was originally called the French Pacific University and was split between two sites, one located in New Caledonia (now University of New Caledonia) and the other in Tahiti. The administrative headquarters of the university being in Papeete. The two centers became independent establishments in 1999 (decree 99-445 of May 31, 1999).
The University of French Polynesia, a public scientific, cultural and professional establishment, is located in Outumaoro, in the town of Punaauia, in Tahiti. This young university is a strong university center of more than 20 years of teaching and research activities. The number of its students is growing steadily, with a significant increase of over 60% of its numbers between 1999 and 2006, followed by an annual increase of around 5% since that date.
Extending over an area of more than 15 hectares, including more than 18,000 m2 of buildings, the Outumaoro university campus includes:
- teaching buildings (classrooms, practical workrooms, amphitheaters);
- research laboratories;
- meeting rooms, video rooms, computer rooms, a language laboratory;
- a university library with around 45,000 books, 257 subscriptions, journals, videocassettes and DVDs (over 800 titles), CD-Roms, as well as online electronic documentation (databases, corpus of texts, periodicals) ;
- a 72-room university campus that welcomes young people from remote islands in particular;
- a university canteen to allow students to have lunch on-site;
- a sports hall: there are sports lessons and competitions;
- a climbing wall, a unique installation in French Polynesia.
For the 2006/2007 academic year, the University of French Polynesia had 2,559 students preparing for a State diploma or a university diploma, divided into three departments and a continuing education service:
- 1092 Students for the law and economics-management department;
- 976 students for the literature, languages , and human sciences department;
- 562 students for the science department;
- 36 doctoral students;
- 292 students preparing for a state or university diploma in continuing education.
To these 2,922 students, are added annually more than 200 trainees registered in for a university diploma or a diploma training but also 321 students following preparation for the recruitment competitions for the certificates of aptitude for the teaching staff and trainee teachers following training courses. professional.
The university employs 95 teachers including:
- 63 teacher-researchers (19 university professors and 44 lecturers),
- 28 secondary school teachers,
- 4 temporary teaching and research associates.
The UPF also has nearly 300 temporary and missionary teachers.
The university employs 72 BIATOS staff (library, engineers, administrators, technicians, service workers) including 7 library staff.
For the year 2010, the initial global budget of the university, including teaching and research (excluding staff salaries on budgetary uses paid by the State), amounts to approximately 1,078,299,962 FCP, including 256 million in investment.
I hope this article helps you to get the list of varsity/universities in French Polynesia with country ranking and world ranking.