Disabled by administrator encryption policy or credential storage
How to fix screen lock problem showing swipe lock turned off or disabled by an administrator encryption policy or credential storage on android
Nowadays, people are facing many problems in their electronic devices like smartphones, tabs, laptops, etc. The screen lock problem is one of them. Android phone users usually get a problem that the operator must have to set a lock screen on their phone and they can't set it 'any' or 'swipe'. When they want to change their screen lock it says "turned off or disabled by an administrator encryption policy or credential storage." Especially Samsung users face this problem when they want to change or remove the screen lock.
However, to fix this problem I stated the necessary steps below:
- Go to Settings >Security> Device administrators. (You just need to get to 'Device administrators' somehow.)
- Uncheck all of the checked options. (You may not need to uncheck all options but for easy doing, we recommend you to do so.)
- Then again go to Settings> Security > Other Security Settings> Clear Credentials.
- Tap on 'Clear Credentials' then you need to click 'Ok'.
- Everything is okay, now you set screen lock as swipe, none or whatever you want.
The method of fixing this problem may vary from device to device. You just need to uncheck all the options in device administrations and remove all credentials.
I hope you will fix your "disabled by administrator encryption policy or credential storage" problem. If you still face any problem regarding this issue, you can let me know through a comment to get it solved.